Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Noro Squares

Hi friends,

I am still knitting my Noro squares.  In fact, I am currently out of yarn and can't wait to get over to GYC to get a couple more colorways.   Each skein is a wonderful surprize, you really can't even guess at the final look until you have knit the last pattern multiple.  I am still not exactly sure what the final form of all these squares will be.  I am still thinking of framing them as artwork for my walls, but also picturing pillows, purses, and totes.  Each skein is just $9 which seems so reasonable in light of the incredibly rich and deep dye work.  One skein knits up easily on size 8 needles in an afternoon.  And there is just enough yarn left over to knit a little heart.  I want to knit a square in every color Noro makes but there are so many it is already getting tricky to keep track of the dye lots.  I have the dye numbers in my phone memopad with a description of each color but it's already getting a  little tricky to match my descriptions with the finished squares.  And I have dozens of colorways to go.

Here's my progress so far.  Happy knitting, Josey


No comments:

Post a Comment