Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Needle Holders and project bags

Two blogs ago I shared the pattern for the wonderful dishtowel tote my sister made as Christmas presents for her crafting friends and family members (like lucky me!). This time I am featuring the talents of my sister-in-law Mary. How grateful I am that my brother married a crafter! It makes holidays and get-togethers so much fun and we never lack for things to do or talk about. Thanks to Mary each family in our clan has accumulated over the years a large collection of her cross-stitch Christmas treasures--beautiful angels and Santa's made with such detail that she uses magnifiers to gather her beads for the embellishments. Here is the Christmas' treasure she made for our family this year:

Mary has an eye and skill for detail work and her neatness amazes me.  When not in her cross-stitching mode she makes beautiful jewlery with silver, beads and crystals.  Mary took up knitting again after a number of years focusing on her other crafts and it is no surprise that her knitting shows the same skill.  She was intrigued by the sock knitting that I was doing while we were all home for the holidays and, while there, bought supplies to make her first pair of socks.  Check them out on Ravelry under "KnittingMaryB."  You won't believe they are her first pair. 

She recently sent me pics of needle cases she made using the instructions from the blog but making her own adjustments.   I love how they came out.  I think she saved quite a bit of time and effort by buying quilted fabric which eliminates the need for making your own with batting.  And I love her button closures.




Aren't they well done?  And check out the project bags she made.  That's the perfect size bucket bag.  I am in the mood for making some more now--A knitter can never have too many project bags! 


Happy knitting, Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment