Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Noro Kureyon Squares

Hi Knitters,

Well so much for my "Lizard Ridge Square of the Month Club."  I finished my first square a few days ago. Is it beautiful or what?  I was at Gourmet Yarn the next day buying not one, but two, more skeins of Kureyon. 



So I am now on my third square in the first nine days of my new club.  I guess I'll have to amend it to the "Lizard Ridge Square of the Every Few Days Club".  Speed, however, is a good thing in this case because I am thinking more and more of the bold and beautiful squares as a wall hanging for my living room/dining room.  Our living room is badly in need of sprucing. A pair of lovely cream-colored loveseats, purchased many years ago after first moving into this house, had gradually deteriorated over the years and become scratching posts for our feline family members.  We disposed of the shredded seating a while back and have put off replacing them as we then must also devise a plan by which the cats are made to understand the new sofas are off limits to them.  Anyone ever tried to train cats?  Currently the arms and backs of all the other household seating have clear shipping tape on them.  It is a good deterrent for the clawing.  This time I am definitely going for practicality in our furniture purchases.  No more cream seating for us.  I'm thinking dark neutral in scotchgard suede-ish, thick, indestructible fabric.  We'll see what we find.  Anyway, I can't imagine a prettier way to add color and brightness to a room with brown sofas than generous splashes of Noro color.

Here is square #2:
  
And the beginning of square #3:

 
Thank you Noro for giving us such beautiful color!

Happy knitting,  Josey

P.S.  Speaking of our feline family members who, along with loads of love and laughter, bring us kitty litter scattered to kingdom come, shredded arms on most of the household furniture and the ocaisional fleabites that send us flying to the vet for Advantage, do any of you find your furry buddies clamoring to get into every picture?  Meet our shamefaced not-so-little Rufus, who apparently thinks it's time for his close-up every time I go for my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment