Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Headband Finale

Hi Knitters,

I finished my last headband over the weekend.  "Irish Rose" is my grand finale.  Since the designs constitute my first "real" patterns, Margaret, owner at Gourmet Yarn Company and Master Knitter, agreed to look them over for me and give me helpful advice.  Her many years experience in knitting, and her rigorous training in the Knitters Guild of America classes really show when she is helping me.  I want to know everything she knows.  It makes me want to start the KGA classes but I know that they are rigorous and time-consuming so I am not sure it will happen soon.  Anyway, Margaret is generous with her time and gave me some tips to help bring my patterns up to standard.  I still get a little nervous clicking the final button to upload them for sale, hoping and praying that I caught any errors and that some knitter who is nice enough to purchase one of my designs will find it a happy experience and not be confused or inconvenienced.

Flower Power, Belle Rose, Irish Rose
The headbands are all knitted.  The flowers on Flower Power, Belle Rose are knitted.  The flowers on irish Rose are crocheted.  They are all very simple to do and require only a few basic knit and crochet skills.  I picked all spring yarns for this time of years but I look forward to making the same bands in some warm and cosy wools when fall approaches.  They were all fun and fairly quick to knit.  Ecah band could be made in one fairly full day of knitting or two evenings.  By my third headband I was really scooting and I thought that they would be great quick and economical Christmas presents to start making now.  

Irish Rose
   

The patterns will be for sale at Gourmet Yarn Company in Oklahoma City later this week and will be for sale on both Ravelry and Etsy later this week.  I'll post a note as soon as they are good to go.  Now I just need to learn to convert a Word file into a PDF for downloading.  Everyone tells me it's very simple but I have heard that many times before!

Happy Knitting, Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment