Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy V-Day Everyone,

Finished my crocheted washcloths just in time.  Since Margaret asked me to teach the class on beginning crochet I am wanting to learn more and more and found myself this weekend on Ravelry faving lots of crochet patterns.

Bought some of the most wonderful soaps from Route 66, the kind that come in loaves and the salesperson slices off an inch from the one you pick and wraps it in recycled paper.  I found out that when you add a bar of soap to a washcloth it is called a "spa set".  That sounds so much more special than a washcloth and a bar of soap.

Here are two "spa sets" for a couple of my Valentines.





I especially love working the edging on the washcloths.  The stitches line up so neatly and give it such a finished look.  I taught my class on Tuesday the techniques for making picot edges.  They loved it and have requested another class to learn more.  I'm still fairly nervous about teaching and worry about whether I am doing an okay job so when the students ask for another class it makes me very, very happy.

Started my cookie baking way to late.  I never get as many made as I would like and I didn't get them done in time to mail off to anyone, but I did finish enough to deliver to some friends and neighbors who I want to appreciate today.

I bought two new cookie cutter from CopperGifts.  They have over 2000 cutters and if you buy something from them and review it you get 10% off your next purchase.  Customers also submit photos of their finished cookies so when you click on the photo of each cutter you can see several samples.  I love that.



I use lots of pearl dust.  It makes the cookie just a little more festive and special and it also has the added benefit of concealing some of the little unavoidable little imperfections. 


More goodies from Copper Gifts.


 This is what happens when the icing is too thin:

 This is what happens when it is just right:

Love the new stencils I bought from Culinery Stencils.  They worked really well but Tim had to help me hold the stencil still while I wiped the icing across with a little spatula.  The first few times were a little messy but we got it.

 




Happy Valentines!

And Happy Knitting, Josey

1 comment: