Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm finally back! Wedding Crafts

Hi knitting and crafting friends,

Pardon my long absence.  Our daughter became engaged to a wonderful young man this past New Year's Eve and by early springtime wedding plans were ramping up.  All of my knitting and crafting quickly became wedding related.  There are so many creative ideas and such an abundance of inspiration out there.  Thanks to Martha Stewart whose website has endless ideas, mywedding.com, weddingwire.com, etc., etc.  I could have kept going and going.  And I pretty much did until right up to the day.  Both my daughter and her fiance (now husband) are creative individuals and appreciate all things hand-made so that made it extra fun to have such an appreciative bride and groom. 

Now that all the celebration is over and our daily life has returned to its normal pace I am only sorry that we don't have another daughter to marry!  I have not begun to exhaust my ideas for wedding crafts so I can only hope that Hannah's close friends will let me contribute to their future weddings.

I can't catch you up on all the knitting/sewing/baking/printing etc. in one blog but here is a sampling of some of the items that issued from my craft room this year:

Tote Bags in the wedding colors for the bridesmaids (and  a white-and-creamy-colored one for the bride):





Socks for the groom, father of the bride, and father of the groom (My sister-in-law volunteered to knit two pair -- a lifesaver!  She is KnittingMaryB on Ravelry:



Bridal accessories:





Cookies: (This was very fun!  Lots of trial and error but once I got the frosting consistency right I had a great time).  A good friend helped me bag and tie every last cookie.  Thank you Cathy for being a night owl like me!




More cookies for bridemaids luncheon:



Tags for cookies (the stamp is from Tickled Pink Paper Ink on Etsy).  The kids loved it.  I used the stamp for cards on the welcome bags for out-of-towners too:



Welcome bags with homemade ginger snaps and trail mix:



I wish I had a cute wedding picture of the bride and groom to share with you but the pictures aren't back yet and we're just now starting to get a few of the candid shots from friends and family.  Here's a cute one of the bride with her bridesmaids at her bridemaid luncheon:




I'll post details later.  Meanwhile, I have finished a few non-wedding projects which will be posted on Ravelry in a day or too.

Happy Knitting,  Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment